The AHA’s Pediatric Advanced Life Support PALS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC. This classroom, Instructor-led course uses a series of videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
Do You Need BLS Provider?
You can also get your BLS for Healthcare Providers Certification the same day. When signing up for PALS you will be asked to add BLS Provider Same Day for $65. By adding same day BLS Provider you will need to:
- Complete the online BLS Provider Class(Approximately 3 hours long)
- You will receive an email from the American Heart Association with instructions to complete the online BLS course.
- Print the completion certificate and bring it with you on the day of the course.
- Arrive 30 minutes before your PALS Class to perform your hands-on skills.
- Receive your American Heart Association BLS Provider certification card the same day as your hands-on skills.
All students must sign up online through our booking program. There will be no refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of class. Online classes are non-refundable(includes failed attempts). If you need to reschedule your class please email email@example.com
Blended Online PALS Certification Chicago IL Classes
There are many other Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certifications that are offered online. Most employers and schools will only accept PALS classes through the American Heart Association (AHA). Illinois Safety is an approved American Heart Association training center neighboring Chicago in Elmwood Park. There are plenty of free parking spaces right outside of our office.
Pay very close attention to the language in the certifications of online programs. “Approved by AHA certified doctors” or “recommended by AHA approved physicians” is confusing language that tries to get around the point that the American Heart Association (AHA) has not actually certified the process. Make sure that you only take classes and submit exams that are directly certified by the AHA itself.
The American Heart Association offers a Blended Online PALS class. The blended PALS class gives the student the same certification as if they took the whole PALS class in person. To complete the online blended PALS Certification, Students must:
- Complete the online American Heart Association PALS class
- Print their online completion certificate and bring it to their skills session.
- Complete the the hands on skills session with an AHA Instructor.
- Contact us to complete your online ACLS class. By Appointment only.
- The online PALS Class is approximately 7 hours long and the hands on skills session is approximately 1 hour long. Students will receive the certification the same day as completing their hands on skills session.
Come to the PALS classes that Chicago, IL and Chicago Suburbs trusts. Located right off of Grand Ave, Harlem Ave, and 1st Ave with plenty of free parking. Each Illinois Safety instructor is a firefighter/paramedic with real world knowledge and is dedicated to helping you succeed. Give yourself the best opportunity to create your career or expand your career in healthcare with the right classes.
Will I receive my certification the same day?
Yes, all students that complete the PALS Course will receive their certification the same day.
Will you come to our location to host a class for my staff?
We charge the same price to come and host a class at your location. We simply ask for a minimum of 6 students.